Volunteer participation in the GSF is welcomed and encouraged
Each year, the GSF needs interested individuals to serve in a variety of short and long-term capacities. Members are invited to touch and influence the collective future of the organization by joining in the planning, direction and decision-making of the Academy.
There are many opportunities for you to become involved:
- Support Your Division: Get involved with your division by helping to staff their table at the Annual Meeting New Member Orientation Fair.
- Join a Division or Interest Group: Expand your network and join one of the GSF’s Divisions and Interest Groups.
- Submit an Article: Submit a manuscript and sign up to review for one of the GSF’s leading publications..
- Nominate a Colleague for an Award: Nominate a colleague for one of the GSF’s annual recognition or lifetime achievement awards.
- Grow Your Network: Participate in listserv discussion, follow the GSF on twitter, become a fan on facebook or join the AYRS group on LinkedIn.
- Nominate Members for Leadership Positions: Help shape the future leadership of the Academy by submitting your nominations for elected GSF/AYRS and divisional positions.
- Present a Paper at the Annual Meeting: Submit papers, symposia and PDW Workshop proposals to the Annual Meeting submissions website.
- Review an Annual Meeting Submission: Sign up to review proposals for the Annual Meeting.
- Check out the Current Volunteer Opportunities.
How you get involved is up to you, but the collective involvement of members is what makes the GSF such a valuable network for all members.